Monday, September 10, 2007

Manic Monday

At the risk of sounding like the Bangles-today has truly been just another Manic Monday- wish it were Sunday. We have some people in our ward at church that needed some dinner and I decided that I wanted to go all out and make homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls. I don't know why I make my life so difficult sometimes!
I called Julie Sunday night ask her if she would lend her expertise for the soup. After taking the girls to dance and going for a nice 45 run/walk in beautiful Mapleton, we went shopping. We got 2 chickens, one for each of us to boil. Now I don't do whole chickens. I don't know why I think that it is totally gross, but I do. So I carefully picked it up and almost pretty much threw it into the pot, covered it, and let it simmer all day.
I then went to work on my rolls. While working on the rolls, we were having a little bit of a party here with Maya and friends. They were all doing great until our little Brooklyn fell down the stairs because she was trying to go down them with princess clickey shoes on. She cut her lip a little and bruised her cheek. I felt horrible and that is when we decided to take a break for a minute and watch a movie. Much better!!
I then went to Julie's to work on the homemade noodles. These are kind of a pain in the butt to make. They are so hard to roll out, but we did it and they tasted so delightful! We had to bone the chicken and strain the chicken stock to make sure all of it was clean. Then we added our chicken broth, bullion, and noodles. We let it cook for a while and then we were ready to deliver and eat some ourselves. Thanks Julie for letting me take up your whole day with this project! It was enjoyed by all!!

No comments: