Saturday, September 8, 2007

To My Little Maya


I don't think that I will ever be able to put into words how much I love my little girl. We were getting ready to go to a birthday party that she was invited to by our Amanda and Sage (thanks ladies!) and she needed to get her purse so that she would be sure to fit it with the other big girls. I got one that matched her outfit and she was ready for action!!
We were driving in the car to the birthday party and I was telling her that she needed to make sure she was a good girl and to stay with Amanda and Sage. She was very concerned about what I was saying, and was asking me specifics like, can I stay close to the girl that they are having the party for? I said sure but just that she needed to be a good girl. I caught myself thinking how blessed we are to have a little munchkin who we can leave with anyone and know that she is going to be a little sweetheart while she is away. I shared with her how grateful that I was for her and how proud of her I was that she is always a good girl with other people. She said, "mommy I love you this much"-and she puts out her arms as far as they go-and then my heart melts. I love being a mom to my baby girl. She has enriched my life more then I could have ever imagined that a little person could. I couldn't ask for anything more. I love you Maya!!

No comments: