Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Long Lost Friends

I am not a huge fan of Facebook-mainly because I don't have the time to figure out how to use it. Anyway, I had to create an account because I had been invited by one of my old girl friends to view her Facebook. Creating this account has been a great thing because people that I have not seen or spoken to for years are resurfacing and we are able to talk and have friendships again.
My friend Lisa, who I graduated college with, was one of my dear friends. Her sense of humor, boldness, and energy was contagious and I absolutely loved being around her. Well her husband went to Med School and I lost track of her. But thanks to Facebook, I have had a chance to talk to her a couple of times on the phone-which has been a delight.
So I am talking to her a couple of weeks ago, and asked her if she still ran. Her response was priceless-"Yes, but then I have to take a month off or so and eat a pan of brownies because I don't want to get too skinny or get too hot for others around". LOL. Well thanks to you Lisa, you said brownies and I couldn't get that out of my head so I had to make homemade oreos. They were YUMMY!! I had to give most of them away, because I would have eaten most of them. Lisa, can't wait to see you this summer!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Kris...that quote just about made me pee my pants...HILARIOUS!! Those brownies are making my mouth water...You need to hook a sister up! Loved seeing all of the pictures of the fam...especially the one of your sister and parents. I still think of Katelin as being 6 forever! Love ya!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

next time you get the urge you should also throw a few in the mail! You rock! I want you to post more photos of you and your family.

Lovejoy said...

Kristin - Laurel Harris here! Okay, so weird how I found your blog... my brother found Jared Taylor, whose blog had your brother, and now, to you. I want to see what you're up to! I'm on facebook - Laurel Lovejoy. I tried to find you on it, but couldn't, so find me!

Meet The Olsens said...

Oh how I miss your cookies. I need to come see you friend. mmmmmmmmmmmmm